My children love to create. Whether it's music, painting, drawing, sculpture, papercrafts...
they love to create.
When we were kids, I remember the gentle hum of the sewing machine going late into the night as we slept. With four kids, Mom sewed alot of our clothes. I remember the anticipation of having four new dresses for convention, dresses like no one else's. Often, it came down to the last night of sewing on button and putting in hems, but she always made it. Many years later, Mom sewed my wedding dress. Everything I look at the photos, I think of the many hours she put into. Amazingly, even though we were 120 miles apart, it fit perfectly on the first fitting.
I have friends that create. I'm awed by their talent and by their love of creating. This cutie is a new addition to our home. Her name is Mollie, and she was created by Cassie
She sleeps with Emma and listens patiently as Emma tells her stories.
These toys never go out of style. Ryan uses his to practice juggling, and Emma uses hers as pillows for her dolls. They were made by Amy
As the kids grow, there will be many more games and uses invented for them.

So, why do I love to create? It's something that is just in me. I love the excitement that I feel when I come up with something or see something I want to create. I love gathering supplies, matching colors and patterns. I love the joy that comes from giving my creations to those they were intended for. I enjoy creating things to keep, but I love to create things to give away.
So, why do I love to create? It's something that is just in me. I love the excitement that I feel when I come up with something or see something I want to create. I love gathering supplies, matching colors and patterns. I love the joy that comes from giving my creations to those they were intended for. I enjoy creating things to keep, but I love to create things to give away.

3 comments:
And now I'm itching to go home and get that sewing machine out (I was interrupted mid project yesterday evening when my last needle broke and I had to put away the thing I'd intended to finish...grumbling all the while...)
I agree whole-heartedly!! Nothing thrills me more than a new stack of fabric! I love to go to Craft Warehouse and just dream of all the things I can create--if only I had the time and $$!! Wouldn't it be nice to earn a living through our creations!
I love your blog!!! You are a very "Creative Woman". We are missing you and all that back here in Oregon. I looked at fabric with JenE, JenE, JenE and started to twitch with wanting to start a new hobby. I am resisting hard. Plus I think it would put my hubby over the edge!!!
Keep posting KT, KT, KT
I enjoy every entry!!! Miss ya lots!!!
Post a Comment