I woke up last night to the sound of rain pounding against our windows. So far today, we've had hard rain, horizontal hail, snow, wind gusts up to 50 mph, dark clouds, sunbreaks...just about every kind of weather you can imagine. As Mom says, welcome to Spring in Idaho. Spring? This is spring? It seemed so wintery. Here's what it looks like now.
There's a window in our kitchen that looks out over the flower bed where I planted some bulbs last fall. All winter, all I've seen is the bark chips. And there's a lot of them. Every day, I look out the window, hoping to see a bit of green sneaking up through the brown. After today's weather, I figured that today was not the day. But, oh, look at what I found!
This is my first time planting bulbs. As some of you know, I did not
inherit my mom's green thumb.
But, apparently, I can put something in the grounds, and it will grow!

4 comments:
I sure am glad you have green showing there because all we're seeing today is white. The longer the day went on, the more that came and the more that accumulated and stuck. I sure hope this doesn't mess up your travel plans tomorrow. Keep me posted. P.S. I got a sneak-peek at Saturday's menu...there are things on there that not only have I never heard of, I can't even pronounce them, but I got to see pictures of what we're eating and I think it will be worth your drive!!! :-)
You've been tag ;)
http://my-2-little-monkeys.blogspot.com/2009/02/6-and-6-photo-meme.html
Yesssssssssssssss!! I've got green coming too. And little buds swelling on the trees...
Have a lovely weekend!
so, you know, I think you're probably the ONLY person who visits my blog, so I may not have to make 5 things. I'm just not sure what to make you....I've thought about it and thought about it and I just can't come up with ANYTHING that you might like from me. Hmmmm....what am I to do!!!!!! :-)
Post a Comment