Dear Ryan:
You started third grade this week. THIRD GRADE! It's so hard for me to believe that you're old enough to be in the third grade. Today was your third day, and you're so excited for this year. Your regular teacher, I'm told, is especially good at teaching boys. You've already made new friends, reconnected with the old ones and established yourself as a soccer and football player at recess. You're also very excited for your GATE classes. Last year, you went once a week for about three hours. This year, you're going all day on Tuesdays. You came home on Tuesday so excited because you get to learn how to make rockets, study mythology, and do lots of science experiments.
~
I love that you love school.
I love that you've grown a bit this summer...physically and otherwise.
I love the choices that you've made recently. I'm sure that you'll be a shining light
to others at school.
I love you...my not-so-little boy.
May it be a wonderful year!
~
Love~Mom

2 comments:
*sniffle* sweetly said, mama
ahh...how is it that Ryan is old enough to be in third grade? He's such a handsome little fella! Time is flying way to quickly isn't it!
Post a Comment