According to the pattern, a woman found one that
belonged to her grandmother, and in the pocket of the
apron was the pattern.
~~~
If you'd like it to be yours, please post a short comment
with a favorite memory of your grandmother or any
one from the "older" generation that has had an impact on your life.
We'll pick a winner and post it on Monday, September 21st.
~~~
If you're posting as "Anonymous", please include your first name and last initial
in the comment so I know who you are!

6 comments:
Hmmm....my fav memory of my grandma?! She's my protector. U know how rebellious I am...so, I'm always the one who gets in trouble. And back then, my mom spanks me, and sometimes uses a cane to "whip" me (eerr...yes, I was THAT horrible...and I often wonder Y my kids behaves the way they do?!)...anyway, when my grandma was staying with us, I'd always run and hide behind her, so that my mom can't get me! Muahhahhahahaa ;)
Well, you can leave me out of the drawing since I was just the recipient of one of your lovely aprons (this one is cute too, though!), but I had to comment anyway.
I remember sitting with my great grandma and watching wheel of fortune, watching her foot tap in the air. I always loved sitting with her. The time was so sweet.
Actually...I have another one...am not trying to increase my chances of getting picked (I too lazy to wear apron anyway -- so u can count me out too ;P)...but because he meant so much to us --- John, my neighbor. The story is posted on this link:
http://my-2-little-monkeys.blogspot.com/2009/04/happy-55th-anniversary-john-retha-happy.html
My Grandmother was an apron sort of woman. I grew up thinking aprons and hospitality went hand in hand. Grandma always had an open heart and an open home....wearing her apron to keep her little cotton dress clean!
One year she made aprons for all of us that had a dish cloth attached to it and we thought that was the greatest 'invention'. Loved wiping our hands on our towel, after finishing peeling potatoes or washing veggies. To this day, I wear an apron most days. And your apron is VERY VERY cute!
I have 2 memories, if u don't mind me sharing. The 1st is I always remember mom coming home from Sunday a.m. mtg, throwing her apron on & making lunch(of course, it was always DELICIOUS). I've never been an "apron" kinda gal, until I started canning. Now, I've asked mom to share an apron or 2.
My second special little thought is actually n present day. My girls LOVE 2 go 2 grandma's 4 a visit & of course, there always has 2 b a baking session & dishes 2b done. My mom has this "smock" sort of apron that the material has little monkeys unzipping a zipper & climbing out w/ sneaky smiles on their faces. Needless 2 say, ALL 10 of the grandkids have worn it & it's a fight 2 see who gets it when they go 2 grandma's house.
My third year in the work, I happened to stay with a sweet 90 year old lady who continues to inspire me. At that time, we visited about her husband, who'd died 15 years previous, and her love for him was palpable. When I asked her if she'd ever stayed married solely because she had vowed she would, she said, oh no! I loved him, and always wanted to be with him. That has stayed with me, and given me a motto for serving God -- I don't want to do it only because I said I would, but because I love him and want to be with him. That apron is a beauty!
Post a Comment