to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission?
~~~
So, here's what happened?
Last night, Bob asked if I'd get him some
Chicken Tortilla soup.
Bob rarely asks for anything other than what I normally
buy, so Emmy and I set off this morning to our
local, friendly Fred Meyer store after
dropping Little Guy off at school.
~~~
We like to make a quick stop by the kids' book section, pick up a
few and let Emmy look at them as I drive her around in the cart.
This keeps her contained and entertained while I shop.
Great for both of us!
~~~
Now, if you know me, you know that I like to save money!
My favorite place to shop is Goodwill and some of the
wonderful consignment shops here in town.
So, since Freddies was having a 70% off of the lowest clearance price
sale, I had to look at everything, right?
(Say, "Yes!")
~~~
Furthermore, if you're my husband, you know that I have just enough pairs of shoes...
I don't collect shoes. But you also know that most of my dress shoes are
from when I worked in an office (1998-2002).
And I love boots!
~~~
So, there I was going through the shoe aisle...
when I saw them!!!
I've always wanted a pair of brown riding boots.
But there was only one pair.
But...oh wait...they're in my size!!
And they are brown.
And they are leather.
And they fit.
And they were normally $100.
And they cost of $20 now!!!
How can I pass that up?
Obviously I didn't!
~~~
So, when I got home I e-mailed Bob to tell him what I'd done. Yes, it's only $20, but I have a terrible time spending money on myself...I always feel guilty. I explained what I had done...
and here's his reply:
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!
But the soup makes it ok.
I guess I still love you
So, in the end, I have the perfect pair of boots for me at an awesome price, Bob said it's o.k. ,
and I remembered the soup.

4 comments:
Only $20, they were meant for you!
I was waiting to hear that you'd forgotten the soup. Because that's what would have happened to me.
In terms of the shopping for you, NICE WORK! You know that I'm an enabler. And I'm saying it's karma for pointing lots of cool stuff out to me when I was on THE SHOPPING HIATUS. Hee.
Good find! My problem is that they never have my size...grrrr...too many size 9 feet out there! (Don't tell me they were 9's) :-)
Cassie...hee hee, no I remembered the soup. Gotta love lists!
Rebecca...I totally agree!
Amy...I normally wear a size 9 but always have to get a 10 in boots. :)
Post a Comment