We rented a chainsaw and Dad went to work.
There's a large bed area that runs through the backyard. We've already cut out several small trees, but there were still three pines and this Box Elder...just a tad bit squished in between two
unhealthy-looking pines.
We decided to leave the healthy pine (not shown in this photo) and
cut out the two that were squishing the Box Elder tree.
Sure wish she had some fear!
(Once we caught her, this didn't happen again)
Gave us a nice bit of fire wood, and some
work for the kids. 'Bout time they
learned how to pack and stack wood!
not used to. Ryan's highlight of the weekend
was discovering that he's old enough to mow the lawn.
Our highlight was the fact that he thought it was fun.
I grew up on the same apple farm where my dad grew up
(he and Mom still live there).
When we were kids, spring was spent with the adults
up the apple ladders pruning and us kids
down on the ground picking up brush.
I probably won't do much with this area this year, except
weed it. It'll be added to next year's to-do list.
Each week it grows.
We've pulled out a lot of brush since we moved
here in January.
Now what to do with it?!
Remember the messy vine that was
pulling the cherry tree down?
All of the branches that were in that area were dead.
We're not sure how the fruit trees will do this year,
but maybe we'll get a bit out of them!
If nothing else, they are the perfect climbing trees!

3 comments:
There is always that to-do list! I'm so glad you have so much space!
You're doing such fantastic work! I can't wait to come and see it all in person! All that nice clean slate to work with!!
I love all the trees!! I wish we had room at our little place for more of them. Maybe the 'next' house! :) Enjoy!
Post a Comment