Thursday, December 16, 2010

Consignment Shopping

There's a wonderful new consignment store just down the road from us.
It is stocked full of beautiful furniture, shelves, mirrors, and some items
that people have refinished.
I stopped in yesterday and found a few treasures.
The box shown above is wooden, with two lids on top that open.
It was already painted like this...just perfect to store Emma's
doll clothes.
My handmade cards have always been kept in a photo box.
No more!
This is an antiqued, wooden thingy-ma-jig (yep, that's the techinical term)....
...with three drawers inside...

...just the perfect size to hold my 5.5" x 4.25" cards.

I've been looking for a headboard for Ryan for quite some time now.
I wanted one that was solid wood and it had to have shelves.
Perfect!!
I love how these doors close up and hide any mess he might have in there.
Just give it time...it'll be a mess! :)

2 comments:

AmyB said...

Hmmmm. Must be the shop I've driven past MANY times. Will have to stop in :-)But you're always finding good stuff...so maybe it's just YOU! ;-)

amydee said...

Looks like a good day's haul!!

Blog Archive