Thursday, January 20, 2011

One...Two...Three

Here's a great way to get full use out of each piece of scrapbook paper.
I'm finally working on my 2011 calendar. I've always made one (or two) for Mom and Dad, but last year was the first time I made one for our house two. I love walking by and seeing the kids' smiling faces. After the year is over, I cut off the spiral part and put the pages into an 8.5x11 album. I arrange the photos chronologically, so I end up with a page per month for each year. I use photos from the year before for each month. So, the calendar page above is for January 2011, but the photos are from January 2010. It's fun to look back and see what the kids looked like a year ago.
This is another project that I'm working on. I took the scraps from the calendar pages and made monthly headers.

And then with the scraps from that project, I'm making some of the simpliest cards ever!
(I saw the idea in a magazine at the mechanic's office today)
So, I'll end up with a complete calendar (and then 12 scrapbook pages at the end of the year), twelve month headers and twelve cards!
Ahhh....multi-tasking!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

fantastic and beautiful as usual!

AmyB said...

I love the card idea -- we need to do a "use your scraps" card night! I'm sorting my scraps right now...

Blog Archive