{Photo credits: Ryan}
It's tax season.
That means poor Bob is at work very early in the morning, seven days a week, and in bed by 8 p.m.
That also means that I'm just about a single mom for three months. When the kids were little and we were living in Portland, tax season was veeerrryyyy long. Now that they are older, it's much more manageable. Now that we live near Mom and Dad, who take every opportunity to spend time with the kids, it's even better. This past Saturday, Mom and I signed up for a class at the local quilt shop on using color in your quilts. We asked Dad if he'd spend the afternoon with them here at our house. He said no. But he did offer to bring Mom up Saturday morning and trade her for the kids. He'd take them to the 'poor farm' and then we'd head out there later and spend the night. Works for us!!
~~~
So the kids spent most of the day at the airport, working on Dad's plane, eating lunch at the restaurant there and checking out the air museum.
~~~
Yea, I think we had fun, too.

3 comments:
Oh the colors and textures of yarn. Did that trip inspire your need to knit? ;) I'm drooling over that and your lunch. One of these days, you and I are going to go on a date like that (post nursing, schedule me in :) We'll do it as a birthday present to ourselves, deal?
Isn't Salt Tears sooo good! Such a fun little people watching spot also...
Looks like you had a fun trip! So nice to be closer to your mom, I'm enjoying it here also.
Post a Comment