Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Scenes from this past week

This was the view out our back window earlier this week.  This little building is Bob's shop.  It was a work bench, peg board, and even some tools.   What it hasn't had is anyone using it!  It's so nice to see those lights burning in the windows as the days get shorter and cooler.  I hope it becomes a
common sight here.


Dear Tomatoes,
Please ripen.  Soon.
Thanks,
Katie

I love that we still have gorgeous flowers peeking out here and there.

Emma's been home sick with a cold these past couple of days.  Luckily, she's
very good at entertaining herself.  On this particular day, she decided to
spend some time on the river in her own little boat.


And on this day, she was Queen Starbucks.  We'd stopped earlier for a bit of caffeine, and she picked up an extra cup sleeve.  When she got home, she started right away with her scissors. I was quite impressed that she figured out on her own how to cut the holes in the sides for her headband to slide through.  When Bob got home, Emma was sitting on the couch wearing her crown.  Bob happened to mention it to her, and she replied, "Oh, I'm sorry.  You can't talk to me while I'm wearing my crown."

And today's entertainment was a bit of handsewing. 
Tomorrow?  It's back to school!
My projects this past week include a flannel lap
quilt for a dear elderly lady.  So soft and cuddly!

My bright yellow and red bag is definately a summer bag.  And, even though it was 101 here on Saturday, it is Fall.  I decided that I needed a new bag.  Now I'm trying to decide if I like it.  Hmmmm...


Emma's class is incorporating apples into their lessons this week.  I happened to come upon a recipe in the most recent "Women's World" magazine for apple cupcakes.  These did not turn out quite as perfectly as the ones in the magazine, but (luckily) my intended "audience" is made up of 6- and 7-year olds.  Whew!  :)

That's all for now.  I was considering closing up shop on this little blog for several reasons.  However, I'd decided to give it a bit more time.  Posts will likely be not-so-randomly once a weekish, so keep checking in!  And I'd LOVE to hear from you lurkers out there.  :)

2 comments:

Cassie said...

What? Where is your blog going? Spill the beans, lady...

All American Family said...

Hey lady - I enjoyed looking at little snippits of you life from this past week. ;) I've been such a slacker the past wile both in updating my blog and commenting on others. Sometimes I just feel computered out, ya know. As long as you keep updating your blog though, I'll keep reading it. ;) And hoping maybe one day I can make it up there to see you in person. How cool would that be!

Blog Archive