Friday, September 19, 2008

Look up!

Sometimes, as I go about my day, I forget to look up. I'm so busy trodding along with my face looking down...down at the cleaning, the cookings, the toys on the floor, the crumbs on the floor, all kinds of things on the floor...that I don't notice what's going on around me. The little things. When I went out to get the paper one morning this week, I looked up and this is the face of the moon that was staring back at me. Gorgeous!

That night, as I came around the corner at the end of my walk, I looked up. There was a beautiful sunset...almost missed by me.


This morning, I looked up and saw the first clouds we've had since we moved here in mid-August. But aren't they beautiful clouds?

It's so good to be with the kids. They constantly remind me to look up. "Mommy, what's that?" "Mommy, why does that happen?" "Mommy, look at that beautiful bird." I so appreciate the little child...they aren't spending their lives worrying about what needs to be done at home, at work, at school. They are exploring, being curious, asking questions, looking up. I hope to be more like one of these little children...start looking up more often at the beauty around me.

No comments:

Blog Archive