We had a mostly fabulous weekend. While Bob lived at the office, the kids and I played. On Friday, Emmalee and I headed over to Mom and Dad's. Ryan stayed the night with Uncle Anonymous and Aunt Amanda. She babysat the two boys for the evening. On Saturday, Ryan went to the Warhawk Air Museum in Nampa for a Lego Workshop. He said that he enjoyed it...the teacher talked a lot, but he got to build a motorized machine that shot tires across the room. Then, Dad picked him up and they went trucking until late Saturday night. He spent Saturday night with us at Mom and Dad's.
****
Saturday morning found Emma sitting in a ray of sunshine.
*****
When Emma outgrew her Little People toys, I almost handed them down.
Mom was very smart in suggesting that we leave them at her house.
and plays with them for hours.
*****
Later, Mom and I went into Ontario for some shopping. For those of you who haven't been there in a while, there is real shopping there. Stay away from the Wal-Mart side of town
and head to Main Street.
Emma had a playdate with her favorite friend, Ember.
Look here for the awesome photos her mamma took on their 1 1/2 hour country walk.
*****
Sunday started out great...but it's why it was a mostly fabulous weekend. Just before morning meeting while Mom was getting lunch ready to cook while we were gone, she turned and heard her knee pop. We left her in the chair with ice and a tangled mess of yarn to straighten out.
When we got home, she couldn't put any weight on it and couldn't bend it backward. So, she and I headed to the ER. She didn't damage any bones, but they are concerned about soft tissue damage. She has to see an orthopedic surgeon this Thursday to determine what damage was done and if surgery is needed. Poor Mom! She hobbling around on crutches now.
*****
Last night was our second month of card night. It was at my house, and the theme
was "guy cards." There were six of us...and here are the fabulous cards that were created.
*****
Recipe for
Golden Honey Mix
5 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
1 cup pretzel sticks
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp marg or butter
1 cup raisins
1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
Heat over to 350. Mix cereal and pretzels in large bowl. Heat peanut butter and margarine to boiling in 1 quart saucepan, stirring occasionally; pour over cereal mixture. Toss until evenly coated. Spread in ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Bake uncovered 10 minnutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from overn; stir in raisins and peanuts. Spread over waxed paper, cool two hours. Store in airtight container.
**I double the amount of peanut butter to make sure it's extra peanut buttery. I also add once cup of chocolate chips after it has cooled. Be sure to stir every 2 minutes or
it will burn on the pan**

2 comments:
I'm sorry sorry we shared our bugs with you. I think my girls are back on the sick side of the world too...
I love that first photo of Emma in the ray of sunshine!
Sounds like a great weekend - minus your Mom's unfortunate "insident". :( Emma is such a doll. ;) And the cards you made...beautiful. We had a great weekend too, just haven't had the time to upload pictures etc. yet to post about it.
Post a Comment